Effective Friday, April 9, 2021 patients will not be able to have visitors.
In light of the provincial government’s stay-at-home-order and increasing COVID-19 cases in our community, we have made the difficult decision to suspend general visiting at our hospitals until further notice.
We know that this will be challenging, but we must do everything we can to protect the safety of our patients and community.
In exceptional circumstances, a visitor exception may be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions, please speak with your nurse.
We appreciate everyone’s support in limiting the number of people in our hospitals and doing everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please speak with a member of the healthcare team.
Please consider a virtual visit with a patient, available seven (7) days a week between 9:00am and 9:00pm. Click here to book your visit or call the Virtual Visiting hotline at 905-338-4615.
Essential Item Drop-off
Essential items and special dietary food items can be dropped off for inpatients daily (7 days a week) between 9:00am – 9:00pm. Please do not drop off non-essential food for patients.
Important Information for Approved Essential Visitors:
Everyone is required to go through active screening and enter through a designated Visitor entrance
- OTMH – Level 1 Parking Garage Entrance
- MDH – Maternal Newborn Entrance
- GH – Main Entrance (ED Entrance for after-hours)
- wear masks at all times
- sign in and out at the screening desk
- clean hands frequently and avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily
In addition, visitors are asked to:
- stay in the patient room for the duration of their visit
- use public, not patient washrooms
- not visit other clinical areas of the building
- not take patients outside the hospital